Welcome to your Royal Test
1. Berlin is a small country.
2. There are seven letters in the word 'radio'.
3. The opposite of 'first' is 'last'.
4. We eat breakfast in the evening.
5. A mouse is a big animal.
6. Knives and forks are made of metal.
7. People are happy when they sleep badly.
8. It's necessary to pay when we buy something in a shop.
9. It's easy to drive on a foggy day.
10. A horse is stronger than an elephant.
11. Diet and exercise are important if you want to be healthy.
12. We wouldn't be in danger if this building were in flames.
13. People can change the laws of nature.
14. Kind people have a lot of enemies.
15. When you want to buy something, it's good to compare different products before choosing one.
16. 'Sidewalk' and 'pavement' both mean the same thing.
17. A flatmate is a person who works with us in the same corporation.
18. A commuter is a person who travels long distances to work every day.
19. Some people are superstitious about walking under a ladder.
20. "I would have got injured if I had been with them in the car" means that I was injured in a car crash.
21. You can book a hotel room if there are no vacant rooms.
22. Your teeth will decay if you neglect to brush them.
23. Greedy people are seldom satisfied with what they get.
24. A person who remains unconscious after an accident shouldn't be moved.
25. In some countries the law recognizes smacking a child as assault.
26. A child's health is a common anxiety of a parent.
27. We get rough winds in a mild climate.
28. The opposite of 'tough' is 'tender'.
29. The stroke of lightning comes before the thunder.
30. Light bulbs often need replacement.
31. Am I ... the window?
32. ... you have a red box?
33. ... like your town?
34. Are there ... students in the classroom?
35. I can ... some body in the corridor.
36. A train is .. .than a car.
37. ... you at school yesterday?
38. When ... World War Two start?
39. I wil lcook soup if you ... some meat and vegetables.
40. I have ... to New York twice.
41. If you ... meat hous and pounds, I would be happy.
42. She may ... everything.
43. You can't buy many things if you have too ... money.
44. My parents were ... the flat on Saturday evening.
45. Computers are ... in most offices.
46. It is worth making the ... to learn a foreign language.
47. Some people often try to ... their problems in stead of solving them.
48. He was really ... after having cycled uphill for 30 minutes.
49. ' You mustn't put it here' He ... me to put it there.
50. The city officials want to reduce ... by encouraging drivers to use the public transport.
51. He can celled the reservation at ... notice and had to pay the whole amount.
52. Susan has been ... from work for spoiling their customers' satisfaction.
53. They were refused ... to the club as they were underage.
54. It is high time Tom ... some thing about his attitude towards other drivers.
55. We will start looking for a new flat to rent as soon as we ... the old one.
will have sold
56. According to the law, a person is assumed innocent until ... guilty.
57. Is 'acquire' the synonym of...?
58. The company sells furniture designed to be... at home.
59. A first-... kit is an essential piece of equipment in a vehicle.
60. They tried to stop their dog from ... at the table.